Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
Best SeasonFebruary to May and August to November
Group Size1-20 persons
AccomodationHotel, Tea House, Lodge
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek is one of the most popular classic trekking destinations in Langtang region. Langtang Gosaikunda trek is held inside the Langtang National Park. The Gosaikunda is one of the holiest mountain lakes at an altitude of 4380 meters above sea level. Both Hindus and Buddhists pilgrims gather around this area every year especially on full moon day of August. They believe that if they take bath from the water of this lake they will be saved from their all sins done during that year. Both Hindus, as well as Buddhists, visit once in a lifetime in this lake. It takes about 45 minutes to circumambulate this lake. Langtang Gosaikunda Trek offer an amazing life time experience as stand point of Himalayan views and holy Gosaikunda Lake. The Nepal Tour also arranged numerous trekkers/ adventure seekers for relevant areas with incredible life time journeys in Nepal Himalaya. Autumn & spring season is best time for Trekking in Nepal.
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek Starts from Dhunche Village or Syabru Besi both from the Langtang side. Alternatively, trekkers may also begin from Sundarijal, which lies on the 1 Hour drive from Kathmandu. The best place to stay at Laurebinayak which also provides excellent sunset and sunrise views of the Langtang and Ganesh Himal. The craftsmanship, clothing, traditionally built stone houses and the beautiful wooden carved goes back to the reflection of hundreds of years. The spectacular scenery of Mt. Langtang Lirung (7246m), Gang Chhenpo (6388m), Naya Kangri (5846m) and Dorje Lakpa (6966m) are worth able for the nature seekers and mountains lovers on one hand and on the other 500 species of flora and many wild animals such as wild boar, red panda, pica, musk deer, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Thar (wild goat), rhesus monkey, common langu, snow leopard , hawks, hoopoe, cuckoos, barbets, owls, nightjars, laughing thrushes, black-capped sibias, Red-billed and parakeets etc. more than 250 species of birds are main attraction for the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek.
Highlight of Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
- Scenic drive Kathmandu / Syabrubeshi via mountain terrain
- Kyanjin Gompa, an old Buddhist shrine
- Have a panoramic view of Mt. Langtang-RI, Langsisa, Langtang Himal, Ganjala peak
- Tamang Culture.
- Visit holy lake Gosaikunda (4200m)
- Slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams.
- Rugged rock and grassy meadows
- Rhododendron Forest.
- Airport pick up and drop by private Car/van transport
- During the trek (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) including Tea or coffee
- Accommodation on Tea House ( Lodge ) during the trek
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast
- An English Speaking Trekking Guide
- 1 porter for 2 Guest
- All Government local Taxes
- Langtang National park Fees
- (TIMS)Trekkers Information Management System
- First Aid kit
- General equipment for Porter
- Guide and porter salary
- Tour certificate
- Farewell dinner with typical Nepali Restaurant
- Guide porter insurance during the trekking
- Airport departure transport
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses such as Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone charge and Laundry.
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance.
- Tipping is expected by guide, porter and driver.